Dead Men’s Eyes Stories, Podcasts and Seminars
I have been presenting quite a bit lately about the Dead Men’s Eyes project and it has also been picked up by a couple of the mainstream press outlets – so I thought I should put together a page that has links to more information about the project. Hopefully this list will grow over the next couple of years!
- Eve, S. Dead Men’s Eyes: Embodied GIS, Mixed Reality and Landscape Archaeology. BAR British Series 600, Archaeopress. – the book of my PhD thesis (buy it here!).
- Eve, S. ‘Augmenting Phenomenology: Using Augmented Reality to Aid Archaeological Phenomenology in the Landscape’. Journal of Archaeological Method and Theory, 19 (4) pp. 582-600.
- The Atlantic – Finding out what the past smells like
- The Daily Mail – Step into – and even SMELL – ancient worlds: Augmented reality software will let you experience ancient ruins like never before
- Discover Magazine – Archaeologists see and smell the past with Augmented Reality
- publinews.gt – Page 13 of this free paper
- The Brian Lehrer show (WNYC) – Smell the Past Through a Dead Man’s Nose
Blog posts/Online Articles
- ThenDig – peer-reviewed online article about Zeitgeist and Augmented Reality
- American Schools of Oriental Research Blog – an invited paper on the possible role of Augmented Reality in Archaeology
- Kill Screen Daily – Soon, you’ll be able to smell ancient civilizations with your iPad
- Newsbeast.gr – Ειδικό λογισμικό μας «ταξιδεύει» πίσω στο χρόνο
- Augmented Reality Trends – Explore and Smell Ancient Ruins with Augmented Reality
- Metro – Viaja en el tiempo con la aplicación Dead Men’s Eyes
- Archaeotech Podcast on Embodied GIS and AR
- A seminar given at York University on Embodied GIS: